Senior Systems Administrator - Mobility (Blackberry Enterprise Server)
- Stafford, VA
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
As the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Engineer you will provide technical implementation, engineering and Tier 3 support services for an extensive infrastructure that provides an enterprise, state-of-the-art BES environment.The BES Engineer will perform high level technical analysis, provide technical input to decision makers, and provide expert level systems engineering and management support with regard to the BES product set. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience deploying and maintaining BES based solutions within a large, global infrastructure framework. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and will have excellent written communication and customer service skills. #cjpost
Candidate will have the skills and experience to perform the task listed:
- Install Blackberry Enterprise Servers in a Windows environment
- Provide BES 5, 10 & 12 core integration technologies including Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- In-depth understanding of Windows infrastructure technologies, such as Group Policy Objects and how they affect/interact with BES within the enterprise
- Comprehensive understanding of Networking in an enterprise and how the network affects/interacts with BES within the enterprise
- Understanding of Managing & supporting systems, configuration management, and technology deployments across large, distributed environments
- Strong communication (Both Verbal & Written), analytical, customer service, problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with vendors and clients (internal and external)
- Ability to analyze situations and formulate recommendations to upper management
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, and operational SOPs)
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, WMI, VBScript, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware or XenServer)
- Experience providing services in an ITIL environment
- Windows & BES Log file analysis
- Administering systems via SCCM
- Min of 5 Yrs experience with BES
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- DoD 8580 IAT III or IAM III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CISM)
- Professional level certification, i.e. MCITP, MCSE or BlackBerry System Integration Professional
- ITIL v3 (desired)
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top