Senior Systems Administrator
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is seeking to hire a Systems Administrator to provide Tier 2 Service Desk support for a large scale government program under a robust ITIL v3 based Service Delivery model.
- Review and approve all technical documentation created by Field operations team administrators.
- Provide service level tasking to the Tier II support team and provide weekly status on activities accomplish for the team.
- POC for all complex issues needed to be escalated to level III system engineering team.
- Work with vendors in resolving complexed problems and provide documentation supporting root cause issues.
- Delivering assistance and complex support to users to include subject matter expertise on supported software applications to include hardware and software technical assistance and service requests from the Tier 1 level.
- Utilizing state of the art diagnostic tools and monitoring systems to communicate and lead efforts to bring critical systems back online for end users.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows server 2008/2012 server, IIS, JAVA and PKI implementations
- In-depth knowledge of VMWare ESX
- Ability to create and edit technical documentations which includes System Operations guides
- Ability to apply networking concepts such as DNS, TCP/IP, ports, protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Experience using ITSM Ticketing systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA) and application monitoring tools
- Ability to ramp-up quickly and learn new applications from both business and technical aspects
- Ability to problem solve complex user issues with minimal information
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of and complete relatively complex tasks, effectively using available resources, as needed, with minimal guidance
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to travel
- Must have an active secret
- 5-7 years preferred experience in Windows server administration support
- Previous experience with Windows 2008 & 2012, Cisco UCS, VSPhere/VMware and Active Directory
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must have the ability to keep information confidential
- Must be able to travel out-of-state to project sites (very occasional)
- Must be able to work early morning or late evening as required by manager
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top