Senior Subcontracts Administrator
- Hollywood, MD
Smartronix LLC is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Subcontracts Administrator to join a great team of professionals!
The Sr. Subcontracts Administrator will work as part of the Subcontracts Team in issuing and administering executing subcontracts for Government, commercial, and overhead services. The SCA will be highly skilled with articulating the award process in writing and use their grammatical skills to "tell the story" of each procurement action.
- Compile, award, execute and manage subcontracts in a dynamic environment, primarily associated with C4ISR, R&D and production and be responsible for compliance review and award of subcontracts generated by other SSAs.
- Interface with senior industry contracts management personnel and will independently assess and award subcontracts based on established processes, procedures, FAR, DFAR, DCMA and similar requirements.
- Document all aspects of the award (cradle-to-grave) with the ability to show an in-depth understanding of the requirement and the relationships/drivers for decisions made during the award process.
- Support the Smartronix team from proposal development through closeout of the contracts/subcontracts.
- Audit ready files will document all aspects of the award (cradle-to-grave) with the ability to show an in-depth understanding of the requirement and the relationships/drivers for decisions made during the award process.
- Develops solutions to complex subcontracting problems which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Coordinate with the PMO and other Functional areas to assist, as assigned, with detailed analyses of subcontractor performance using industry standard "results driven" metrics.
- Apply experience in contract/subcontract management to ensure accuracy, consistency and compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Proactively advise the Program Manager of adverse trends, issues, and concerns; and is a member of any corrective action teams that identify and correct schedule, cost and performance issues applying their expertise and comprehensive understanding of the Subcontract requirements.
- Serves as a member of the Program Acquisition Team to support Acquisition Planning and Strategy development.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the DoD Acquisition Lifecycle
- Thorough familiarity with supply chain performance management, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and process improvement implementation
- Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to effectively contribute to cross-functional teams in the execution and implementation of Supply Chain performance/process/subcontract enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive new and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence executives at the Director and VP level
- Strong Supply Chain Management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the (sub)contract life-cycle
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the execution of (sub)contracts with minimal management oversight
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Action and closure oriented
- Disciplined business acumen, diplomacy, multi-functional team orientation, high ethical standards and flexibility are required.
- Demonstrated program performance and business management expertise
- Thorough understanding of Subcontract Management/Administration oversight of cost, schedule and performance.
- DAWIA Level II or DAU equivalent in Contract Management
- Advanced MS Word and Excel skills
- 7 - 10 years of direct subcontracts and contracts experience.
- 4 year-college degree or an appropriate combination of experience, related certifications and/or 24 business credits from an accredited educational institution.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in contracts/subcontracts administration and will be a key member of the team responsible for managing the life-cycle subcontracts process and monitoring subcontractor performance through direct coordination with the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Understanding of FAR requirements for awarding (sub)contracts
- Applying experience and knowledge to the pre-award requirements when coordinating with the PMO team
- Creating RFPs/RFQs and conducting Price/Cost analysis and applying Cost Realism technique
- Conducting negotiations
- Creating effective and audit ready files
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top