Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Subcontracts Administrator will compile, award, and execute subcontracts within policy guidelines on behalf of Smartronix in a dynamic contractual environment. The Senior Subcontracts Administrator will be responsible for compliance (peer) review of subcontracts generated by other Subcontracts Administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the larger Subcontracts Team in issuing and administering (executing) subcontracts for Government, commercial (private), and overhead services.
- Be a key member of the team responsible for executing and managing the life-cycle subcontracts process for assigned customer requirements.
- Interface directly with senior industry contracts management personnel and independently assess and award subcontracts based on established Smartronix processes, procedures, FAR, DFAR, DCMA, and similar requirements.
- Support the Smartronix Team from proposal development through closeout of the contracts/subcontracts.
- Prepare audit-ready files, document all aspects of the award (cradle-to-grave).
- Articulate an in-depth understanding of the requirement and the relationships/drivers for decisions made during the award process to summarize the "story" of each procurement action.
- Conduct research and develop solutions to complex and frequently unique subcontracting problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Coordinate with the PMO and other Functional areas to assist, as required, with the analyses of subcontractor performance.
- Apply experience in contract/subcontract execution and management to ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Proactively advise the Program Manager of adverse trends, issues, and concerns related to the subcontract and is a member of any corrective action team that identifies and corrects schedule, cost, and performance issues.
- Serve as a member of the Program Acquisition Team to support Acquisition Planning and Acquisition Strategy development.
- Minimal oversight and have specific authority to execute subcontract actions in accordance with Smartronix policy.
Required Skills Must be highly experienced and knowledgeable in the following areas and successfully apply this knowledge to the execution of subcontracts at Smartronix:
- Understanding of FAR requirements for awarding subcontracts
- Applying experience and knowledge to the pre-award requirements when coordinating with the PMO team
- Creating and issuing RFPs/RFQs
- Conducting proposal and Price/Cost analysis and applying Cost Realism techniques as needed
- Conducting negotiations
- Creating compliant and DCMA audit-ready files
- 4-year degree preferred in a business discipline. However, the degree may be substituted with an appropriate combination of experience, related education such as DAWIA and DAU certifications, and/or at least 24 business credits from an accredited educational institution. A DAWIA Level III certification or DAU equivalent in Contract Management is preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of direct subcontracts/contracts experience that includes the following to assure successful execution and fulfillment of the job description, duties, roles and responsibilities of an SCA:
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Acquisition and (Sub) Contracts Lifecycle which includes requirements definition; pre-award; post-award and oversight of cost, schedule and performance requirements of subcontractors
- Thorough familiarity with supply chain performance management, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and process improvement implementation
- Ability to effectively contribute to cross-functional teams in the execution and implementation of Supply Chain performance/process/subcontract enhancement
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Action and closure oriented
- Disciplined business acumen, diplomacy, multi-functional team orientation, high ethical standards, and flexibility
- Demonstrated program performance and business management expertise
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive new and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence executives at the Director and VP level
- Skilled and knowledgeable in the execution of subcontracts with minimal management oversight
- Advanced MS Word and Excel skills
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required No
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.