Senior Program Manager
- Hollywood, MD
Smartronix LLC is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Senior Program Manager for C4ISR Division is a key integrated program management office (PMO) leadership position supporting multiple contracts, task orders and projects within the Defense Solutions Business Unit of Smartronix, Inc. The Senior Program Manager supports the Contract/Task Order Program Manager (TOPM) in the management and direction of the day to day operations of contract cost, schedule and performance execution. The position provides leadership to program team on staffing, training, administrative oversight, personnel issues, operations management, workforce management, monitoring of budgets, sub-contracting, property management (as applicable), and quality control, and serves as a liaison with the government points of contact as directed by the TOPM. This position requires on-site work and is split between Smartronix, Hollywood, MD and TBD government sites, with periodic travel to customer-designated work sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs technical and administrative program/project team activities.
- Executes and monitors program/project activities.
- Manages changes to scope, cost and schedule of program/project work.
- Coordinates priorities and resources between multiple projects.
- Prepares and updates the program management plan, project plans and status reports.
- Coordinates cross-functional meetings of personnel related to the program.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Utilizes corporate QMS processes to track program/project schedule and cost.
- Reports status develops program/project-related documentation, and implements lessons learned.
- Participates in program/project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Updates and maintains production and quality metrics for assigned program and projects.
- Provides support to the TOPM for operational direction and oversight.
- Conducts operational planning, execution and evaluation of a multi-faceted program that requires collaboration with customers to identify new project opportunities.
- Ensures that contract service, quality, and performance requirements are met and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP) is maintained.
- Advises the TOPM of any contractual issues that may result in Contracting Office action and of any anticipated or proposed adverse personnel actions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Government's program managers, Contracting Officers (CO), CO Representatives (COR), and Alternate CORs in support of the Program.
- Works cooperatively with the TOPM in developing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in accordance with contract parameters.
- Manages staff work schedules, including planned and unplanned absences and surge work projections.
- Develops and manages program/project schedules.
- Works with staff to problem-solve and facilitates issues and situations.
- Provides oversight of hiring process to assure compliance with contract requirements and adherence to HR policies.
- Ensures that contract staff receive required training in coordination with Human Resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages direct reports and subordinate supervisors who supervise other employees.
- Maintains responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned program/project activities.
- Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Participates as needed in interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supports the Executive Vice President for Defense Solutions with business development activities as assigned.
- Provides support to new market capture opportunities.
- Provides support to proposal development efforts.
- Identifies and supports the capture of additional workshare within current contracts.
- Identifies and shapes prime and sub contract opportunities for Smartronix with customers in current and emerging market.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project.
- Demonstrable success in government contracting (DoD preferred) through prior work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques and ability to direct improvement initiatives.
- Budget management and execution experience.
- Ability to use and collaborate in broader Microsoft Office 365 programs and other relevant technology applications.
- Business development and technical proposal writing skills.
- Current Secret clearance required, as well as ability to pass investigation needed to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical science, computer science, information technology (technical track), business or a related discipline.
- PMP, or equivalent training with ability to obtain PMP within 1 year if required by contract.
- 15+ years of management/supervision experience on information technology or engineering programs.
- Previous experience supporting Naval or other Service contracts leading complex development, production and/or support initiatives with technical objectives.
- Previous experience in systems/IT engineering, test and evaluation, and/or modeling and simulation activities.
- Experience interacting with and briefing senior government and industry acquisition leaders on topics related to programmatic, technology and financial status.
- Experience with earned value management.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Project/Program Management
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top