Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert supporting the National Guard Bureau (NGB) mobile communication platforms consisting of the Unified Command Suite (UCS), Advanced Echelon (ADVON), Analytical Laboratory System (ALS), Tactical Operations Center (TOC), and Dismounted Strike Kit (DSK) for the Consequence Management Communications Solution (CMCS) project and Special Communications Mission Solutions (SCMS) division. The candidate will coordinate with partner organizations to perform interoperability and integration testing to ensure optimal functionality and work as part of the Network Engineering team to design, test, and implement changes to the network architecture baseline.
- Hands-on WAN network engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols and technologies, including EIGRP, RIPv2, QoS, DMVPN.
- Solid understanding of voice communication protocols and application, including CUCM and CME.
- Knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting network-based firewalls.
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, NetApp.
- Knowledge of military encryption equipment such as TACLANEs, KIVs, and KGs.
- Must have initiative, drive, and be a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret which will require US citizenship.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top