Senior IT Specialist (Unix Special Projects)
- California, MD
Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 1000 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix LLC. is seeking a Senior Information Technology Specialist to support the 7.2.4 Cloud MSO.
- Provide the services to perform the role of Unix/Linux Special Projects lead.
- Serve as the primary interface liaison between the Operation and the System Engineering groups for UNIX and LINUX based operating systems.
- Perform validation analysis, testing and acceptance of enhancements presented by System Engineering group.
- Development of procedures and processes to implement System Engineering group initiatives across the enterprise.
- Serve as the Unix/Linux System Subject Matter expert.
- Evaluation and implementation of software tools and utilities to enhance the security posture and reporting capabilities of Unix/Linux based systems.
- Evaluation and implementation of software tools and utilities to increase efficiency for System Administrator routine tasking.
- Provide input, solutions and interpretation of customer related requirements, issues and concerns.
- Provide solutions and inputs to perform hardware and platform migrations.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting methods.
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2). Must have or obtain certification within 3 months of start date.
- Skills in Red Hat Satellite Server, Perl scripting, Yml, Puppet, OpenShift and/or Ansible are desired.
- Experience with Solaris and Linux Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.), and server consolidation.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, Sun Solaris 9/10 (UNIX), Red Hat, CentOS (Linux).
- Virtualization experience preferred.
- Strong background in software development is a plus.
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top