Senior Intelligence Linguist - Mandarin Chinese
- Miami, FL
Smartronix LLC is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
As a Senior Intelligence Linguist you will be responsible for providing regional expertise services that includes a robust Chinese study program, directly supporting emerging USSOUTHCOM requirement. Additionally, you will be providing analytical and subject matter expertise across a broad range of activities and assisting in managing and developing organizational internal strategy processes and methods for evaluating major military command strategy and plans. This position requires on-site analytical support with a focus on strategic planning. Other required skills and duties will include, but not limited to:
•Develop and maintain a continuous liaison with MAJCOM, Joint HQ, COCOM, OSD, Joint Staff, DoD offices, and other Federal Agencies.
•Supports the development of communication plans, policies, doctrines and courses of action necessary to remedy deficiencies.
•Synchronizes, documents and communicates organizational strategy, plans, and programs.
•Provide analytical support services as directed by the senior command and/or government leadership.
•Provide additional "reach-back" support when special analytical expertise and information/data sources are required to best serve USSOUTHCOM requirements.
•Support surge operations when required/authorized to support command operational planning.
•Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
•Assist with identifying and executing process improvements related to quality and efficiency.
•Articulate the results of analysis into verbal and written reports and presentations.
•Provides reference for customers by writing documentation and providing support and help.
•Other duties as required to support command priorities.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
• Ability to analyze operational objectives in a specific Areas of Responsibility (AOR) in order to assist leadership in shaping command activities in support of global US strategies.
• Ability to analyze US and partner efforts to counter both regional and transregional threat networks operating across in a specific AOR.
• Ability to analyze Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) with regional partners aimed at maintaining and strengthening partner relationships.
• Ability to focus intelligence techniques in support of a specified Areas of Responsibility (AOR).
• At least 10 years' experience demonstrating required skills listed above.
• Fluency in Mandarin Chinese: 3/3 or higher on the Defense Language Proficiency Test and 3 or higher on the Oral Proficiency Test.
• Advanced education in International Affairs/International Relations: Master's degree or higher.
• Significant time in China for cultural relevance: 12 months or greater in an educational, professional, or personal capacity.
• Top Secret Clearance with access to Special Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI): full clearance required prior to beginning work.
Level of Education Masters Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top