Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to provide F5 support to the Enterprise Service team for our Department of Defense (DoD) client's mission to provide enterprise network operations and computer network defense.
The Administrator shall provide Tier III level Security Application Front End support. The individual shall configure F5 Big-IP platforms and support Microsoft Threat Management Gateway (TMG) servers for access from the internet to internal Marine Corps application servers. The Administrator shall provide capabilities in supporting Boundary Security Devices, Active Directory, and firewalls to provide F5, TMG and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services. The Administrator shall configure the F5 services to support Windows Server, Exchange, and SharePoint, networking, PKI/SSL and other technologies as applicable. The infrastructure is a mixed environment of VMware based and physical based servers. These tasks require capabilities in VMware Virtualization, and VMware cloud to perform the specialized EDM Boundary Security Device tasks:
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Gateway and Firewall Services.
- Provide support for Gateway and Firewall related technologies.
- Monitor the health of Gateway and Firewall Services with Government-provided event management tools.
- Resolve TMG/F5 tickets escalated from the service desk
- Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the Tier 1 service desk for handling standard Gateway and Firewall Services related incidents, work orders and service requests.
- Submit and execute Gateway and Firewall Services related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
- Coordinate incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as Engineering and other sections.
- Support the change management process by submitting requests through Change Approval Board, participating in a Change Review Board, and providing information to support decision making.
- Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Monitor and implement, upon management approval, guidance from the USCYBERCOM.
- Configure Secure Socket Layer access and logging on the devices.
- Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation
- Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Commanders Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Professional series Certification (e.g. F5 Technology Specialist Certified, MCITP, MCSE, TMG Server)
- IAT III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate)
- At least five years' demonstrated in network engineering, security and credential management.
- Experience with F5 1500 and 4200 series Local Traffic Manager as a reverse proxy for all client external facing websites
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- F5 Architecture Design for Microsoft Exchange
- F5 Big-IP Access Policy Manager
- F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Manager
- F5 Big-IP Global Traffic Manager
- F5 Certified Solutions Expert (CSE)
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.