Project Manager - SOUTHCOM
- Miami Springs, FL
Smartronix LLC is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to work as part of an integrated program management office (PMO) on the USSOUTHCOM C4ISR contract within the Defense Solutions Business Unit of Smartronix, Inc. The Project Manager supports day-to-day operations projects on the USSOUTHCOM C4ISR contract. The position provides monitoring of budgets, property management (as applicable), and quality control, and serves as a liaison with the government points of contact as directed by the Contract Manager. This position requires on-site work and is split between Smartronix, Miami, FL and government sites, with periodic travel to customer-designated work sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes and monitors project activities.
- Manages changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work.
- Prepares and updates project plans and status reports.
- Coordinates cross-functional meetings of personnel related to project.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Establishing communications with SOUTHCOM customers.
- Identifying SOUTHCOM equipment requirements.
- Create, submit, and track equipment procurement documentation
- Prepare trip reports and monthly status reports
- Conduct site surveys, verify and inspect equipment, and coordinate CONUS/OCONUS equipment deliveries
- Identify and coordinate with subcontractors necessary for equipment assembly, installation and checkout
- Reports status develops project-related documentation, and implements lessons learned.
- Participates in project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Updates and maintains production and quality metrics for assigned projects.
- Provides support to the Contract Manager for operational direction and oversight.
- Ensures that contract service, quality, and performance requirements are met and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP) is maintained.
- Advises the Contract Manager of any contractual issues that may result in Contracting Office action and of any anticipated or proposed adverse personnel actions.
- Works cooperatively with the Contract Manager in developing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures in accordance with contract parameters.
- Works with team to problem-solve and facilitates issues and situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of Visio and Project.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques and ability to direct improvement initiatives.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other relevant technology applications.
- Aptitude to work independently or in a group depending on the requirements with little or no oversight.
- Ability to multi-task simultaneously in support of various internal and external stakeholders.
- 5-8 years' experience demonstrating required skills listed above
- Bachelor's degree
- Significant experience in overseeing sub-contractor performance and compliance
- Project +
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Project/Program Management
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top