Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Smartronix is seeking a Tactical Communications Program Systems Engineer to support the U. S. Special Operations Command, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Program Executive Office (PEO), Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4) to support the PEO technical management tasks at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
The Tactical Communications Program Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, engineering, maintaining, and supporting integration and testing for portfolio communication architectures and systems supporting a collection of communication capabilities delivering C4 capabilities for the Special Operations community. The incumbent will have expertise using Department of Defense Acquisition technical management systems engineering processes and procedures. The Program Systems Engineer will engage with technical teams on the program(s), determine priorities, scope additional work, collect and report status, review and make recommendations for changes, and ensure new configurations are integrated and managed program-wide. Presence is expected primarily at the MacDill Air Force Base location with occasional travel in support of the program. The position will report to the Smartronix Defense Solutions Business Unit Director.
- Works in support of Government Program Managers to determine the goals within technical management and works with program resources to refine those goals into executable objectives
- Devises plans and drives execution of each engineering phase of the program objectives and projects
- Identifies network improvements and innovations with emphasis on configuration management down to the Configuration Item (CI) levels
- Performs quality control checks and configuration audits ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the communication systems, tools, and products
- Evaluates the technical/engineering costs to identify efficiencies and improved ways of delivering technical service to the customer
- Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change in support of program objectives
- The successful candidate will serve as a key component to an technical management team consisting of uniformed, government and other contractor personnel
- Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, military, etc.) to accomplish contract goals
- This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief senior level government stakeholders
- Performs independent technical planning, system integration, verification and validation and analysis, supportability and effectiveness for communication systems throughout the Tactical Communications portfolio Programs of Record
- Plan and conduct analysis/research, design/development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer/program specifications and milestones
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Some travel (~25%) may be required
- Ideally requires a communications focused or technical Bachelor's degree with 5 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience as a Program Systems Engineer
- Experience with Department of Defense Acquisition technical management
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications to include but not be limited to Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- Significant communications background familiar with the planning, employment, and sustainment of fielded tactical communication systems and software.
- Current Secret with the ability to upgrade to Top Secret Department of Defense security clearance
- Systems engineering experience with enterprise-scale system of systems to include tactical systems
- Experience with the Government Testing and Evaluation processes and documentation, specifically activities such as TEMP, SEP, SAMP, PDR, CDR, PCA, FCA, FMECA, and configuration management
- Experience with Android Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with the Tactical Communications portfolio of equipment with an emphasis on tactical radios and integration into related systems
- Defense Acquisition University Program Management and/or Engineering experience/certification
- Experience supporting incident management, problem management, and integrating new technologies into these processes
- Have either chaired or participated with an Engineering Review Board (ERB)
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing, and Compute/Storage technologies (virtualization)
- Software engineering/development experience and/or coding
- DoD Cyber Security (CS), Information Awareness (IA) experience
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret, 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.