Who we are:
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR, and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Who we are looking for:
The IM/IT Trainer, positioned at HQ PACAF/SGSI, will develop and conduct classroom-style training, in an online university format,
for Medical Information Services students. The training will provide the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality end-user healthcare IM/IT support, administer medical information systems, and to acquire the DoD IAT Level 2 certification required for network administrative rights. The team will host the training within the Government's (or Contractor's) facilities, such that it provides access to live online, hands-on labs and exercises to Medical Information Services students located anywhere. You will develop a list of training courses, approved by the COR, and will conduct the courses during the normal operating hours of the MTFs receiving the training. Additionally, as required by the COR, the Training Team may travel to MTFs to conduct the training onsite. The IM/IT Trainer will also:
• Conduct the research necessary to develop and revise training courses and prepares appropriate training catalogs
• Develop all instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids)
• Develop all student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms)
• Teach DoD 8570 training to include CompTIA A+ and Security+, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, virtualization, storage networking, healthcare IT
• Teach Healthcare IT Operations courses based on the customer's operational environment
• Train personnel by conducting formal virtual-online and on-site/in-person classroom courses, workshops, seminars, and/or computer-based/computer-aided training
- CCNA certification required. CCIE is a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco iOS
- Knowledge of Enterprise backup and recovery toolset is a plus
- Knowledge of SAN technologies and Hyper-converged infrastructure is a plus
- Knowledge of Virtualization and F5 Networks BIGIP is a plus
- Two years demonstrated experience developing and conducting CompTIA A+ and Security+ training
- Two years demonstrated experience conducting Cisco CCNA training
- Two years demonstrated experience teaching with the Cisco Network Academy Framework
- Must possess the CompTIA A+, Security +, Cisco CCNA, and CCNP certifications
- Must possess the Cisco CCAI certification
- IAT level II certification is required.
- Must have two years demonstrated experience developing and conducting training which meets DoD 8570 certification requirements
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret government clearance
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.