Oracle Database Administrator - Mid Level
- California, MD
Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Smartronix is looking for an Oracle DBA to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, tune, and maintain Oracle databases
- Perform capacity planning for future hardware requirements
- Monitor and optimize database performance/throughput
- Review database and application server instances for DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines compliance, apply fixes, and submit mitigations
- Perform routine backups, including use of Oracle's datapump export and RMAN
- Refresh and restore tables and schemas
- Apply security patches and bug fixes
- Create, modify, and delete database accounts
- Perform daily checks on database servers, confirming status of backups, file compression, and exports; troubleshoot any errors
- Create reports to monitor database information (including statistics on schemas, tables, indexes, and space usage) and user activity (database access, login failures, application usage, and password changes)
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Experience with troubleshooting database errors
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain Oracle databases including optimization and backup/restore functions
- Know how to apply security patches and bug fixes
- Knowledge on database account management
- Experience with RMAN highly desired
- 5 years' experience in Oracle database administration including installations and configurations.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top