Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities. #CJPOST
Performance shall include:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer's location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Provide technical guidance
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2010, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologie
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, and, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to A&A
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
Required Experience A Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of experience is required. Equivalent experience (4 additional years) may be substituted for a degree.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.