Junior Systems Administrator
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the administration of a VMware virtualized Windows and Linux based server environment. The candidate will be responsible for supporting for all production, pre-production, and disaster recovery servers. The candidate must maintain the required level of maintenance, and support for all servers (physical and virtual) to include: firmware, operating systems, software applications, and server security compliance.
- This position does have the requirement that the applicant MUST possess an Active DOD Secret level clearance. Candidates must already have a clearance the position does not sponsor the clearance.
Required Skills Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform system administration activities including account management, monitoring and management of system resources.
- Experience managing Windows and Linux based servers running in a VMware virtualized environment, and an understanding of networking principles
- Assist with system patching of a large variety of Windows servers, workstations and applications.
- Troubleshoot application issues.
- Identify and troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Perform, monitor and test system backups.
- Experience with various operating systems deployed in a virtual environment including Windows Server 2012 r2 and various Linux distributions.
- Experience configuring and maintaining hardware devices including servers, Windows 10 workstations, storage arrays, network appliances and mobile devices.
- High School Diploma and 2 years' of progressive experience in telecommunications and related C-E systems technologies analysis, design, research, development, test and evaluation, or logistics support OR Associates Degree and 1 year' of progressive experience in telecommunications and related C-E systems technologies analysis, design, research, development, test and evaluation, or logistics support.
- Active Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) required within 90 days of hire date.
Level of Education 2 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top