Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Reston, VA
Smartronix LLC, a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner in addition to being an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is actively seeking an ISSM/ISSO who is forward thinking, passionate, has a dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly changing organization supporting cutting edge technology in the intel community. This is an opportunity to become part of a growing team supporting a large modernization effort for one of our government clients. We will be building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications with an emphasis on data visualization and data analytics.
Performance shall include:
- Review, prepare, and update AIS authorization packages
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS authorization
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
- Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system authorization packages
- Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
- Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- Review, track, and conduct AIS training
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Team Members
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top