Information Systems Security Officer III
- Bedford, MA
Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
The ISSO's primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities. #CJPOST
Performance shall include:
- Review, prepare, and update AIS authorization packages
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS authorization
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
- Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system authorization packages
- Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
- Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- Review, track, and conduct AIS training
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Team Members
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
Required Experience A Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of experience is required. Equivalent experience (4 additional years) may be substituted for a degree.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI, 10. SAP
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top