Information Assurance System Security Engineer II
Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
The System Security Engineers primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities. #CJPOST
Performance shall include:
- Lead a team of System Security Engineers and Certification and Accreditation Analysts responsible for ensuring the customers national and international security interests are protected as support equipment are designed and tested
- Chair and/or Co-Chair customer and SAP community IA working groups, participate in SSE IPT reviews
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Review SSE related designs and provides security compliance recommendations
- Develop and provide IA risk management recommendations to the customer
- Provide SSE support for Mission and Training systems design and development
- Assist with development and maintenance of the Program Protection Plan
- Assist with site activation activities and design reviews
- Represent the customer in various SSE related working groups, advisory groups, and advisory council meetings
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
Required Experience A Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline and 12-15 years of experience are required. Equivalent experience (4 additional years) may be substituted for a degree.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI, 10. SAP
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top