Information Assurance Specialist (Journeyman)
- Goose Creek, SC
Who we are
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Systems Integration, Worldwide C5ISR and Data Analytics, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
We are looking for a Cyber Security and Information Assurance professional to support the Navy Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Signals Intelligence Integrated Product Team (IPT) as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
The candidate will be responsible for managing compliance with Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Polices and Instruction, Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)s, National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) Special Publications (SP)s, Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction and Directives, National Security Agency and Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) Policy, United States Marine Corps Enterprise Cybersecurity Manuals (ECSM)s, and NAVWAR Information Assurance Technical Authority (IA TA) Standards.
The candidate will also be responsible for creating Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authorization Packages with compliance with ECSM 018 and conducting vulnerability assessments of USMC SIGINT systems.
- Six years of experience in the support of ensuring data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation; support to include: designing secure systems, writing secure computer code, and creating the tools needed to prevent, detect, mitigate, and reconstitute information systems
- Must possess 3-5 years of experience with RMF and compliance activities (DoD RMF, DIACAP, FISMA, FedRAMP, PCI DSS, HIPAA) Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Experience conducting assessments using STIGs
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with ACAS, SCAP Scanners
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
Required Experience Required
- DoD Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) IAT II certification (i.e Security + CE)
- DoD active Secret/SSBI Clearance required
- 6-7 Years Experience
- Current Navy or Marine Corps Validator credential
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret, 07. SSBI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top