Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix is seeking to hire a Hardware Engineer to work as a member of the Product Team to develop hardware based product solutions.
- Develop hardware design specifications based on requirements, or concept sketches.
- Perform technical planning, PCB level design, implementation and verification.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timing analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware solutions.
- Lead and actively participate in hardware design including architecture plan, generation of functional block diagrams, state diagrams, and schematics.
- Perform design analysis including circuit modeling, FPGA simulations, signal integrity modeling, failure mode analysis, and manufacturability analysis.
- Implementation of the design including oversight of layout, support procurement of first article and debug of the first article build.
- Write and review test procedures for design verification.
- Write and review design, release and support documentation
- Active coordination with other departments for system integration, software integration, testing, and production throughput the design effort.
- Ensure technical solutions meet the needs of customers
- Ensure cohesive integration of technologies and solutions
- Provide maintenance support of existing products for adding enhancements, handling parts obsolescence and corrective actions.
- Knowledge of PCI Express, preferably with practical experience
- Knowledge of Ethernet down to the physical layer, preferably with practical experience
- Good understanding of practical techniques for noise reduction/control and electrical susceptibility immunity
- Successful track record of completed design efforts.
- Ability to cohesively work with a diverse team and multiple departments.
- Ability to drive a project through to success within a standard process framework with minimal oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to validate requirements and synthesize complex technical details and design solutions to meet them
- Ability to resolve technical issues spanning multiple technical and/or functional areas
- Experience using basic lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and Multimeters.
- The ability to efficiently drive a successful product development cycle from concept through production.
- Expert knowledge of hardware technologies with 7 years' experience of relevant industry experience
- VHDL code development experience
- Experience using FPGAs
- Familiarity with basic DSP functional blocks such as filtering and FFT
- Knowledge of high speed signal integrity analysis
- RF design and debug experience
- EMC/EMI Qualification experience
- Environmental Qualification experience
- Familiarity with basic communication interfaces such as USB, RS232, I2C
- Experience with the following toolsets: Active-HDL, Matlab, QuartusII, Cadence, PSPICE, MS Office
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top