Director of Business Development and Capture Management
- Herndon, VA
Smartronix, an OceanSound Partners company, delivers advanced solutions in digital modernization, cloud, cybersecurity, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities. The company provides expertise to design, manage, and secure the world's mission-critical enterprise solutions. We are a leading provider of next-generation multi-cloud platforms to the public sector and commercial markets leveraging the most innovative global platforms. Headquartered in the Washington DC area, Smartronix has offices throughout the U.S. and has been positioned by Gartner as a Leader in its 2020 Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Professional and Managed Services, Worldwide.
Smartronix is seeking a dynamic, innovative, Director of Business Development and Capture Management to directly support Smartronix's cloud and digital modernization business unit at our Herndon, VA location. Reporting to the President, this highly-visible position will work across Smartronix to develop strategy and drive business growth on the business to include strategic opportunities focused on federal, state, and commercial markets.
Understanding market trends and technical direction of customers and translating customer intelligence into compelling capture strategies and solutions is the essence of this position. The ideal candidate must be able to leverage a deep mission understanding of customers' needs and objectives focused in the areas of Cloud, Software Development, Digital Modernization, and Systems Engineering & Integration. Understanding the full capture lifecycle and has been successful in various customer domains primarily within the federal market.
Additional knowledge and experience with marketing adjacent capabilities in the areas of Enterprise IT; Cyber Operations, ITSM and Managed Services; Data Center, Cloud and Cloud Migration; EITaaS; Data Transport and Systems Integration; Application Development and Modernization; Big Data and Data Analytics.
Responsibilities include both an individual contributor and team management/mentoring and leadership of market analysis, strategic business planning, and capture strategy/solution development, proposal management, leading to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; management of overall business unit sales pipeline, forecasting, and capture management; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development, program management, solution architecture, and sales resources available across the company in the development of winning proposals. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking to include Salesforce as well Deltek govwin and experience with a variety of contract award types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance-based contracting are key.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell capabilities and solutions into adjacent market
- Understanding the full capture lifecycle and has been successful in various customer domains within the federal markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined individual and team account management supporting future capture and proposal efforts for large and/or complex captures
- Ability to pivot sell expanding capabilities into Enterprise Information Technology; Data Center, Infrastructure Engineering, Cloud and Cloud Migration; Enterprise IT Application Development, COTS Business Applications, Modernization and Maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined capture efforts for large and complex captures
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- +10 years Prior sales/business development/capture experience essential.
- Track record of successfully capturing and winning >$50M multi-year new business RFPs.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required No
Category Marketing, Sales, Business Development
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top