Cloud Release Manager
- Boston, MA
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
Smartronix is looking for a Cloud Release Manager for a cutting edge AWS healthcare application platform. Cloud Release Manager is responsible for owning infrastructure release management activities (processes, systems and functions) to package, build, test and deploy infrastructure changes and updates in support of the application release lifecycle. The position works closely with DevOps, Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Quality Assurance, Architects, and Implementation teams to perform and manage the full spectrum of release management activities. This release manager must possess extensive knowledge of release management processes and technical environments, software tools, business policies, management and monitoring utilities and procedures.
What to expect
- Manage and oversee infrastructure release activities in support of the application release effort to successful deployment, including new full version releases, defect tracking, production operations status reporting. Release management scope is both for Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and Application releases.
- Partner with individuals, teams and application partners to create, organize and execute on a release strategy and plan.
- Be a single point of contact for coordinating activities across teams and departments involved in a release.
- Create, store and maintain infrastructure release documentation to support the needs of a release through its lifecycle, from planning to design, development, testing, and deployment to production environments.
- Facilitate dialog with Business, Development, QA, Implementations and IT Operations teams to ensure operational handoffs and readiness.
- Document infrastructure release rollout plans/tasks, risks and maintain schedule for release rollouts.
- Set and communicate infrastructure release schedules and expectations across all involved and impacted teams.
- Manage and control infrastructure-related issues and risks for the duration of the release cycle to ensure a well-organized and successful deployment.
- Communicate release status, activity progress and issues encountered throughout the duration of release activities.
- Identify and provide recommendations for continual process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2+ years' experience working as a Release Manager for large scale systems using agile methodology.
Experience with software development lifecycle (i.e., SDLC), Agile, DevOps, software development tools, technologies, and/or cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- 5+ years' experience in challenging information technology roles
- Demonstrable experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases and ability to lead release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on-time.
- Experience with use of tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Microsoft TFS and Git.
- Excellent project management and planning skills. Sustained track record of successfully managing multiple efforts concurrently.
- High emotional intelligence and patience for navigating a sometimes challenging bureaucracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams.
- Familiarity or expertise with
- Healthcare information technology
- Experience provisioning CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc)
- SDLC and OOP
- Relational Databases (Oracle, Postgres, etc..)
- Experience dealing with legacy, unreliable/undocumented third party dependencies (both technology and human) preferred
- Experience with Open Source software
What would set you apart
- PMP, and ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
- AWS Certifications (Practitioner, Solution Architect, Developer)
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required No
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top