- Herndon, VA
Who we are
Smartronix LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Security Engineer to join our thriving Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and proven experience developing security capabilities on large projects. #CJPOST
What to expect
- Provide technical expertise within cloud and virtualization-based development, test, evaluation, and production environments
- Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering of multiple enterprise cloud-based server environments (ACAS, ePO, STIGs, Advanced Threat Signatures)
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand requirements and challenges with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) configuration and customization which includes the administration of Security Centers, Nessus Scanners, and Nessus Mangers.
- Maintain McAfee ePO for Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Antivirus for enterprise solution to maintain maximum end point protection
- Coordinate, direct, and plan remediation techniques with technical team to provide implementation plans
- Assist SIEM administrators to support analytics that can become predictive via security tools information
- Provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting expertise, and complex problem resolution
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches
What you need to succeed
- This position offers Telework but applications must be able to travel to Utah once a month
- This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance (preferred TS or TS/SCI) and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
- Experience with manual and automated security administration, remediation, and hardening (STIG reviews, group policy and permissions, system modifications based on vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management)
- Extensive knowledge of, and hands on with, cloud [e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.] platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices
- Extensive hands-on experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Security Specialty, etc.
- Advanced level of expertise in Linux operating system engineering and administration
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures
- Knowledge of standard DoD concepts, practices and procedures
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top