Cloud Engineer - Network
- Herndon, VA
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, Inc., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve. #CJPOST
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer - Network DoD to join our team in the Herdon, VA. This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance (preferred TS or TS/SCI) and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) Primary duties include performing systems engineering, administration, maintenance, of multiple DoD and Public Sector customers to manage and assist in the integration of Government Cloud environments.
What to expect
- Provide technical expertise within cloud and virtualization based development, test, evaluation, and production environments
- Develop and utilize deployment and process automation capabilities (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure processes are defined, repeatable, scalable, and able to be disseminated for wider utilization; may include capabilities such as Ansible, PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Configure and deploy various Cloud Service Routers and Firewalls
- Provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting expertise, and complex problem resolution
- Exercise extensive knowledge of management, upgrades, patching of network devices.
- Exercise extensive knowledge of DoD STIG and analysis for DoD Network Systems Standards
What you need to succeed
- Experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Strong understanding of routing protocols and route propagation
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in Network Administration
- Security+ CE (or higher)
- Network Engineering certificates (CCNA, F5 Certified Administrator, PCNSE, etc.)
- ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance (preferred TS or TS/SCI)
What would set you apart
- Knowledge of Terraform, CloudFormation, or other cloud automation techniques
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Network Specialty, Security, etc.
- Experience in integrating Network Systems into SIEM technologies
- Knowledge of standard DoD concepts, practices and procedures
- Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams fully capture technical baselines and operational capabilities to guide operations and activities associated to enterprise scale cloud environments
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top