Cloud Engineer- (DOD)
- Herndon, VA
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Security Engineer to join our thriving Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and proven experience developing security capabilities on large projects. #CJPOST
What to expect
We are looking for a highly skilled DoD Cloud Containerization Engineer to join our team in the Herndon, VA area to provide technical expertise within cloud and virtualization-based development, test, evaluation, and production environments. This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance (preferred TS or TS/SCI) and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering of multiple enterprise cloud-based server environments.
This position offers Telework but applications must be able to travel to Utah once a month.
What you need to succeed
- Knowledge and application of container, orchestration, and container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Knowledge and application of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) technologies such as GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Cucumber, Junit, pytest, Nexus, Fortify, SonarQube, Twistlock, and Grafana
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems optimization, development, and implementation of network systems automation tools, with a focus on security in a DevSecOps environment.
- Fluent in Linux scripting (BASH, CSH, KSH), Python, PostgreSQL, and PowerShell.
- Strong understanding of native cloud tools used for development and deployment of code.
- Ability to support and integrate Agile Methodology.
What would set you apart
- Specific knowledge of Pivotal Container Service (PKS) would be helpful
- Strong knowledge of integrating Containerized solutions into RMF process
- Understand how to perform security maintenance of pipeline systems and applications.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Extensive knowledge of, and hands on with, cloud [e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.] platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer, etc.
- Knowledge of standard DoD concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Required Skills DoD Secret Clearance or higher
DoD 8570 Compliance for IAT 2
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top