Who we are
Smartronix is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix is a certified Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting, Microsoft Gold, and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services. #CJPOS#CJPOST
Who are our employees
At Smartronix it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Engineer to join our thriving Cloud Business Unit - Managed Services department and work with some of the best Architects, Engineers, and Operators in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and an ability to deploy, employ, operate, and sustain Production-ready solutions, software and tools for our customers. #CJPOST
What to expect
- Handle Cloud Operations (Events, Incidents, and Requests) based on a defined, ticket-driven service catalog.
- Write or modify scripts to provision cloud resources and automate repetitive tasks wherever practical.
- Be a primary "face to the customer" during the Manage phase of the customer lifecycle - communicating clearly and concisely to identify, triage, remediate, and resolve infrastructure and solution issues when customer needs are greatest.
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery solution for customers' cloud computing resources.
- Manage and execute patching for standard infrastructure and fully automated code pipeline environments.
- Optimize existing - and identify new opportunities for - monitoring, logging, and management metrics to improve operational effectiveness and customer knowledge.
What you need to succeed
- A "team-first" attitude.
- Excellent customer facing skills and the calm professional demeanor necessary to bolster customer confidence when stress is highest.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in an Infrastructure Operations-centric role; 2+ years of experience in cloud engineering / DevOps.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience AWS Services; EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience with advanced networking, boundary appliance, and/or firewall management.
- Experience assessing, deploying, configuring, testing and operating AWS services.
- Experience in Web Applications, Tomcat, Apache HTTP, etc...
- Current operations experience within a Cloud Managed Services Provider (MSP) delivery environment
- Current certification with Palo Alto or other boundary / firewall appliances
- Current Cloud Service Provider Certifications at the Associate, Engineer, Professional level
- Active DoD clearance; DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliance certification; knowledge of NIST 800.171 / DoD SRG
- Operational experience with Container Based Hosting using Docker, Kubernetes, and/or AWS Container Service
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities: https://www.cloudassured.com/
Smartronix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/D
The position will directly support a 24x7x365 Cloud Operations Center.
Candidates will be required to work a planned 8 hour/day schedule during any of the below listed shift windows. Some overnight, on-call, and/or weekend work will be required to support change and maintenance activities.
- 1st Shift: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST
- 2nd Shift: 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM EST
- 3rd Shift: 10:00 PM - 10:00 AM EST
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 02. Public Trust, 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.