- Boston, MA
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
We are a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. We are a leader in cloud consulting, ranked #2 by Gartner in ability to execute on cloud engagements. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, it's all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build, migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Our Cloud Consultants lead engagements with high profile customers, and serve as thought partners for C-level executives on transformation engagements. Ideal candidates have hands-on functional experience in a technical or managerial capacity, and relevant consulting experience including: conducting structured quantitative and qualitative analyses, developing cloud strategies and business cases, governance frameworks, organizational change management, project management, and collaborative problem-solving. Cloud consultant professionals provide skills and experience related to cloud services and technologies, and they apply a business and technology-focused model for delivering IT services in a utility-like fashion.
Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking a Cloud Consultant with a passion for problem solving, envisioning solutions and systematic execution - with the ability to rapidly learn new technologies independently and communicate their impact to enterprises.
What to expect
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves
- Support delivery of enterprise-wide transformation programs
- Work effectively as an individual contributor within a delivery-centric professional services team
- Apply a solid understanding of cloud services, infrastructure and technologies to help clients develop innovative solutions
- Lead consulting and planning efforts through the initial phases of large-scale migrations; specifically: business case, cloud strategy, organization change management, governance strategy, roadmap development, and application portfolio rationalization
- Support the development of account plans to build long-term relationships with customers and identify new opportunities
- Develop detailed design documentation and plans for target landing zones, identity management, operations tooling, security capabilities, managed sandbox, and other shared services
- Perform cloud readiness assessments, "well-architected" reviews and similar analytical engagements to evaluate and provide recommendations on cloud-related topics
- Demonstrate cloud services functionality and support proof-of-concept implementations
- Review and collaborate on recommendations and designs with other Smartronix SMEs
- Maintain skills as a cloud consulting practitioner to ensure continued market and client relevance
- Produce high-quality, well-written technical documentation
- Take ownership of solutions, assignments, actions items and issues, and remain accountable for their completion
- Work effectively with other team members, customers and key stakeholders and foster team success
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format
- Be willing to learn, collaborate, contribute and improve
- Support pre-sales functions when necessary
- Achieve and maintain AWS or other cloud certification levels at least annually
What you need to succeed
- 4 year degree or additional 5+ years of related work experience in lieu of degree
- Strong cloud ecosystem knowledge and a technical background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize tasking, adapt and self-motivate
What would set you apart
- Experience managing delivery of IT solutions as a Team Lead or higher
- Experience with software development life cycle across different roles (development, QA, infrastructure)
- Experience presenting analyses, recommendations, issues and new information to senior executives in a large organization
- Architecture and/or build experience with AWS, Azure or GCP services
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top