Big Data Lead
- Washington, DC
Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
The Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for defining a Big Data implementation framework; translating mission needs into Big Data system, analytic, and visualization tools requirements; and working with multi-disciplinary teams to design, guide engineering solutions, and explore, examine, and visualize data to extract knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data. The Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for managing digital data that comes from many different data providers; consists of a variety of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types and has an enormous volume, varying velocity (periodic static documents to real-time data feeds), and is rapidly growing. Additionally, the Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for the design, development, test, deployment, and use of associated advanced analytic and data science tools including, but not limited to, data visualization, link analysis, correlation, sophisticated analytics programs, ML, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
Required Experience A minimum of five years of hands-on experience with Big Data applications, such as Hadoop and associated applications (e.g., administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.).
- Experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
- Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional technology team.
- Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
- Experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed platforms.
- Experience in the research and development of applications/services in disciplines such as: Natural Language Processing, ML, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis testing.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 05. Top Secret, 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top