We're definitely looking for you, if you
- Have 4+ years of experience as a professional software developer.
- Write maintainable and testable code, while navigating both functional programming and object-oriented programming patterns.
- Know how the web works and are familiar with REST API design, HTTP fundamentals and security practices.
- Care how software is developed in teams and are always looking to improve.
- Are continuously learning new things by reading, building hobby projects or testing new technologies on the job. You also enjoy teaching others around you.
- Are pragmatic. We’re working on an existing system, and our customers’ business depends on it.
Bonus points, if you have
- Experience in component-based frontend architectures with React+Redux.
- Experience in Spring Boot with Hibernate.
- An eye for user interfaces and design.
- Solid experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures.
- Worked with highly scalable distributed systems, consisting of multiple microservices, deployed to hundreds of nodes.
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
- Experience leading a team, or potential to become an Engineering team lead.
As a Software Developer at Smartly.io, you will
- Build new features, working closely together with other developers, product management, designers and customers.
- Review other developers’ code right from the start.
- Work across our stack, most likely with some of Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Kotlin+Spring Boot, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra or PostgreSQL.
- Push code to production during your first week and demo your features at the weekly all hands meetings.
- Participate in our highly technical customer support and help the team to triage bugs.
- Travel to meet our customers and team members in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires or Berlin – if you enjoy
- Take part in defining our company roadmap and goals.
Meet Some of Smartly.io's Employees
Trett cultivates new relationships and helps clients employ Smartly to generate fast results. He also stays close to the actual product and technical infrastructure.
Back to top