We're definitely looking for you, if you
- Have 4+ years of experience in a software or DevOps engineering role.
- Have extensive experience working with Ruby, Python, Kotlin, Scala, Java, Elixir, Go, Haskell, Rust or similar languages.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Salt, Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Solid experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures. You've worked with SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between.
- Know how the web works and are familiar with REST API design and HTTP fundamentals.
- You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Excellent knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening and secure software.
- Worked with highly scalable distributed systems, consisting of multiple microservices, deployed to hundreds of nodes.
- Familiar with automated build pipeline / continuous integration using Jenkins, Hubot and Docker. With this setup we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
- Care how software is developed in teams and are always looking to improve.
- Are continuously learning new things by reading, building hobby projects or testing new technologies on the job. You also enjoy teaching others around you.
- Are pragmatic. We’re working on an existing system, and our customers’ business depends on it.
As a DevOps Engineer at Smartly.io, you will
- Manage large deployments of hundreds of servers.
- Work across our stack, most likely with some of Ruby on Rails, Node.js, PHP, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra or PostgreSQL.
- Build new features, working closely together with other developers and product management.
- Review other developers’ code right from the start.
- Push code to production during your first week and demo your features at the weekly all hands meetings.
- Participate in our highly technical customer support and help the team to triage bugs.
- Travel to meet our customers and team members in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires or Berlin – if you enjoy travelling.
- Take part in defining our company roadmap and goals.
Meet Some of Smartly.io's Employees
Trett cultivates new relationships and helps clients employ Smartly to generate fast results. He also stays close to the actual product and technical infrastructure.
Back to top