Senior Account Director, Retail
We're on a mission to make people smarter. Since 1999 SmartBrief has helped people find the business news they need – and fast.
Twenty years is a long time in digital media years. But we're not one of the best because we're one of the oldest, we're one of the oldest because we're one of the best. And the good news is we're still growing.
SmartBrief operates at the confluence of marketing, advertising and media and we're looking for a Senior Account Director, Retail to manage our B2B advertising portfolio.
What you'll achieve:
As the Senior Account Director, Retail you will have sales and revenue responsibility for SmartBrief's network of retail industry newsletters. As an expert in the retail market, you will be a looked to as a leader in the industry to identify industry trends in traditional and omnichannel markets. You will be responsible for managing and developing a sales territory and working all phases of the sales cycle, while building relationships with business marketers and helping them achieve their goals.
As part of SmartBrief's overall sales team and a key member of the Media, Retail, Tech, Telecom & Supply Chain group, you will report to the Group Publisher. Working with a sales development associate, you will set overall sales strategy, product positioning and demonstrate industry expertise both internally and externally.
The successful candidates will:
• Be results-driven, inquisitive and competitive by nature
• Have a minimum of five years sales experience and achievement, with at least two years experience in either a media or B2B environment. B2B media sales or agency experience is a plus.
• Possess a proven track record of academic and business success
• Write well and exhibit exceptional verbal communication skills
• Have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and outgoing personality
• Listen actively and think quickly on their feet
• Be self-motivated to achieve personal and team objectives
• Understand the value of effective collaboration and communication
Our completive compensation includes:
• Base + commission, with no cap
• Bonus eligibility for exceeding revenue goals
• Outstanding health/dental/vision, disability, 401K, commuter benefits
Serving 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. We're expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team. At SmartBrief, employees enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment with accelerated advancement opportunities.
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top