QA Engineer (302-897)
As a QA Engineer, you will lead a team of Engineers to improve our content, advertising and data systems.
- Become an integrated part of the software development team to define, document, analyze and perform both manual and automated tests
- Identify functional problems and come up with creative resolutions
- Develop an understanding of the organization's technical architecture
- Anticipate, identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate risks related to the build and deployment system
- Maintain test data
- Create and enforce good engineering practices
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats
- Perform independent problem solving and root-cause analysis
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (in lieu of a degree, 3 years relevant work experience)
- 2- 3 years professional QA experience
- Experience with popular test libraries and frameworks (Selenium, JUnit, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiar with version control systems (Mercurial)
- Familiar with Agile Development (SCRUM, XP)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Ability to manage expectations and mentor other QA Engineers
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with software developers and project managers
- Experience with databases and SQL, especially SQL Server
- Experience with Linux
Serving over 5 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. Visit www.smartbrief.com for more details.
We're expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team. At SmartBrief, employees enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment with accelerated advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding benefits. SmartBrief is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top