Part-Time Health Editor (278-897)
Part-Time Health Editor
SmartBrief is seeking a part-time editor to help create daily online business and consumer news e-mail publications in the health industry. Applicant must be available daily for deadlines that fall in the 8 a.m. to noon time frame. Applicant must have two to five years of experience writing or editing health news. If you love to edit material and shape content, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive work environment, you'll fit right in. This position includes both writing and editing duties, with a heavy focus on editing. Other job duties include client relationship management. This is a telecommute position.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing and editing test.
- Edit summaries for inclusion in SmartBrief's health newsletters for grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven writing and editing skills. Alternative: Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
About SmartBrief: SmartBrief is a leading online business publisher of 100-plus industry-specific daily business news services. By combining our proprietary technology with human intelligence, we deliver digestible knowledge to keep industry decision-makers abreast of their industries. We're expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team. SmartBrief is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top