Part-time editor: Finance (262-897)
Part-time editor: Finance
SmartBrief is seeking a part-time editor (20-30 hours per week) to help create daily online business and finance news e-mail publications from approximately 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. ET Monday through Friday. This is a deadline-intensive editing position that requires some client-facing work. Applicant must have at least five years of experience writing business- or finance-oriented news! Applicant must be a U.S. citizen. This position is a telecommuting position.
Applicants will be asked to complete a timed editing test.
- Edit summaries for inclusion in SmartBrief’s finance and business newsletters for grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
- Proven writing and editing skills. Alternative: Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top