Freelance Writer (Health Care) (259-897)
Writer with journalism experience sought for daily health care newsletters
SmartBrief is seeking a freelance writer with a background or strong interest in journalism to summarize news articles for daily email newsletters targeted to health care and life sciences professionals. Candidates will need to complete a 35-minute writing test to be considered.
Applicants should have daily morning availability, although afternoon assignments are also available.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment.
- Someone who can demonstrate an ability to interpret medical, scientific and/or health care content.
- The ideal candidate has worked as a writer or editor for a health care, science or medical publication. Experience with multiple daily deadlines a plus.
- Using both manual and automated searches, find appropriate articles to include in the brief.
- Summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in email publications.
- Self edit/correct own copy for accuracy, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top