Freelance Writer (288-897)
Freelance writer sought for daily email newsletter on corporate leadership
SmartBrief is seeking a writer with journalism experience to help compile a daily email newsletter on corporate management and leadership best practices. The assignment entails curating insights from publications such as Harvard Business Review and Fast Company, as well as blogs written by leadership experts. Candidates need to be available roughly 6 a.m.-8 a.m. ET each day. Additional work beyond that time frame is available as well.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment
- The ideal candidate has worked as a writer or editor for a newspaper, trade journal or industry publication with multiple daily deadlines (though not required)
- Summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in e-mail publications.
- Self edit/correct own copy for accuracy, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
Founded in 1999, SmartBrief is the leader in customized e-mail news services and reaches top-flight executives in a variety of markets, including advertising, retail, hospitality, telecom, health care and consumer packaged goods.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top