Fill-in Freelance Editor (167-897)
SmartBrief is seeking an editor to help create daily online business and consumer news e-mail publications across industries including finance, transportation, construction, health care and others on a fill-in basis. Applicant must be available daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET. Applicant must have at least two to five years of experience writing or editing in a news environment. If you love to edit material and shape content, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive work environment, you’ll fit right in. This position includes both writing and editing duties, with a heavy focus on editing. Other job duties include client relationship management. This is a telecommute position.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing and editing test.
- Edit summaries for inclusion in SmartBrief’s newsletters for grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
- Proven writing and editing skills. Alternative: Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
Please e-mail resumes to [email protected] Place the following in thesubject line: Freelance Editor
Back to top