Fill-in Freelance Editor (167-897)
SmartBrief is seeking an editor to help create daily online business and consumer news e-mail publications across industries including finance, transportation, construction, health care and others on a fill-in basis. Applicant must be available daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET. Applicant must have at least two to five years of experience writing or editing in a news environment. If you love to edit material and shape content, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive work environment, you’ll fit right in. This position includes both writing and editing duties, with a heavy focus on editing. Other job duties include client relationship management. This is a telecommute position.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing and editing test.
- Edit summaries for inclusion in SmartBrief’s newsletters for grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
- Proven writing and editing skills. Alternative: Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
Please e-mail resumes to [email protected] Place the following in thesubject line: Freelance Editor
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top