Database Administrator (254-897)
SQL Server Database Administrator
The Database Administrator will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining production databases, SQL queries, procedures, scripts and objects, including tables, primary and foreign key relationships, triggers, constraints, etc. In this role, you will perform advanced performance analysis and tuning within SQL Server, as well as the other tiers of the infrastructure, to identify and resolve bottlenecks and problems, and you’ll ensure that databases are working properly in conjunction with applications. You must have the ability to complete data mining efforts and ad hoc analysis to ensure a firm understanding of source system data and how it relates to business requirements. And you will work closely with the development team to optimize SQL queries, support coding best practices and implement optimal coding techniques.
SmartBrief has several mission-critical database servers. Our primary databases are MS SQL Server, but we also have production MySQL and PostgreSQL databases. The MySQL databases range from a Drupal backend to a complex data warehouse. You must be an expert with SQL Server and have a willingness to become one with MySQL and Postgres.
- Maintain uptime of all database applications from a database perspective
- Develop, test and deploy SQL changes to production, quality assurance and development environments.
- Manage and monitor the day-to-day operations of database systems and ensure that the systems and applications function effectively
- Make sure that the database systems provide sufficient computing power to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Test new software or software versions such as database server upgrades
- Understand SAN based storage and related technologies, specifically related to MS SQL Server installations.
- Provide advice to developers and users on database standards, data structures and terminology
- Prepare technical reports on the operation of systems.
- Assist with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- 5+ years MSSQL experience
- Experience working with very large databases.
- Exceptionally skilled in troubleshooting query performance
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to analyze data to find inconsistencies
- 3-5 years MySQL experience
- 1-3 years PostgreSQL experience
- Data warehouse experience
Serving over 5 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. Visit www.smartbrief.com for more details.
We’re expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team. At SmartBrief, employees enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment with accelerated advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding benefits, including stock options, 401(k), and 100% company-paid health care. SmartBrief is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top