Data Developer (290-897)
Serving over 5 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief is the leading online publisher of targeted business news and information by industry. By combining technology and editorial expertise, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. Visit www.smartbrief.com for more details.
We're expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated talent to join our team. At SmartBrief, employees enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment with accelerated advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding benefits.
As a data developer, you will design and develop data-centric solutions, particularly in support of our data warehousing and business-intelligence needs. You will work with project manager and tech lead to assess and understand business' data and BI requirements.
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data.
- Proficient in reports development and deployment.
- Understanding and experience with ETL, data warehousing, and design.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Inherent curiosity about data and modeling
- Ability to perform data validation with efficient and effective solutions
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- 2 – 4 years of SQL experience,
- 2 – 4 years of ETL experience using tools such as Talend, Pentaho etc
- 2 – 4 year of reports development experience with tools such as Jasper Reports, Crystal reports etc.
- 2 – 4 years of experience with MS SQL, MySQL and other SQL databases
- Experience working in Atlassian JIRA product would be a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or related fields.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top