Collections Specialist (272-897)
Key ResponsibilitiesSmartBrief's accounting team is seeking a Collections Specialist to lead the company's efforts to improve pay up and cash flow. The Collections Specialist is the primary link to our diverse customer base's payables departments and works internally with Sales, Partner Development, and Accounting to solve payment disputes and ensure the Company's invoices are paid efficiently and on time. The Collections Specialist will be relied upon to work with other departments and stakeholders to recommend and suggest improvements in the collections process.
- Contact past due customers via phone and email.
- Mail/email collection letters, customer statements and past due invoices to customers, make payment arrangements, discuss and resolve disputes, etc.
- Maintain customer account information and accurate collection notes on past due accounts.
- Research payment application errors and follow through with corrections.
- Work with various departments, including Sales and senior management, to accelerate the collection process.
- Negotiate settlements based upon account analysis and assign delinquent accounts for third party collection efforts.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Controller.
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to customers.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounting Department.
- 2 – 5 years successful B2B collections experience.
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedures.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Professional demeanor and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Good math skills and proven problem solving skills.
- Self motivated; capable of working independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
- Experience with Dynamics SL is a plus.
Meet Some of SmartBrief's Employees
SmartBrief's internship program encompasses all aspects of the business, from finance and ad sales to editorial and engineering, providing professional college students with an invaluable learning experience.
Back to top