SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear’s CrossBrowserTesting team is looking for a talented Web Designer. You will be a vital member of our team responsible for creating and optimizing our marketing website, emails, and website application tools. You will work closely with other team members in developing mock-up, generating graphics, and implementing HTML/CSS. The successful candidate will possess an eye for creative design and enjoy working in a fast-paced, albeit fun tech-culture environment.
- Design and code web related media from concept to production, including landing pages, campaign sites, individual graphic assets and multimedia
- Participate in design iteration projects
- Be a source of design insight as it relates to aesthetics, usability, web standards, accessibility and SEO
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a team
- Communicate design rational through development of wireframes, user scenarios, mockups and HTML prototypes
- Strong portfolio of demonstrated work
- Bachelors degree in Web Design, Interactive Design or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in web site design
- Excellent understanding of design and front-end development for web-based media
- Ability to synthesize research, market trends, competitive data, etc. into substantial successful online experiences
- Keen eye for design and a passion for a quality user experience, from high-level concept to pixel-level detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team
- Self-starter who maintains awareness of current design and development trends
- Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing and optimization a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
Skills That The Ideal Candidate Will Have Include:
- Fluency with HTML and CSS layout
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap or similar CSS frameworks
- Understand of SASS
- Cross-browser and cross-platform design issues
- Web standards: HTML5, CSS3
- Usability and accessibility principles
- UX concepts
- Git repository experience a plus
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer:
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, and great eats.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased and more. We have real products, real customers and great compensation. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. We have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top