VP of Customer Success
This is a high-impact, high-visibility VP of Customer Success role reporting directly to the COO. As a critical part of SmartBear’s growth (25%+ annually) and customer retention, this person will scale and lead a team of Customer Success professionals to cultivate relationships with our customer base and expose the value of our software. This is a unique opportunity to own a team that is tasked with impacting the success of thousands of our customers which include companies such as Google, Uber, FedEx, Pfizer, EA Sports, etc. In this new role, you will leverage your prior Customer Success leadership and experience to create high impact, scalable team practices with the resources and support of a high growth, firmly established industry leader.
SmartBear is a preeminent software company within the global development and testing communities (a $3 billion market). Our SoupUI™ and Swagger™ API development tools lead a strong portfolio of technology that companies like Apple, Disney, GE, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. Overall, our software is downloaded every 6 seconds and serves 10,000+ customers in over 100+ countries.
- Drive customer retention.
- Build and manage a team of Customer Success professionals in the US and Ireland.
- Deploy strategy to help customers adopt and see the value of SmartBear software ultimately leading to high customer satisfaction.
- Implement metrics and measurements to assess engagement, customer risk, adoption, etc.
- Develop and apply processes and tools that will enable value-adding, scalable interactions with customers of varying size and value.
- 5+ years leading and growing a sales team (ideally in software)
- 3+ years within Customer Success, having built a program a plus.
- Experience implementing metrics, strategy, and tooling with an understanding of Customer Success best practices.
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places, Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, Glassdoor’s “Best Companies To Work For” and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There’s even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top