Do you have a passion for pleasant and clean design, usability, aesthetics and elevating the quality of a person's technology experience? SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in Sweden, US, Ireland, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a UX Designer, you will work hand in hand with the product team to develop simple, intuitive, aesthetically pleasing products and continually enhancing our existing products to ensure high usability and an elite customer experience.
- Collaborate with content strategists and developers across the business to develop user flows, wireframes, mockups and final designs that meet the business objectives of the organization, advances our brand strategy and reflects best practices
- Communicate conceptual ideas by producing design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, customer personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, customer journey maps, and user stories as part of the software development lifecycle
- Engage in usability testing and incorporate user preferences and usability findings into designs
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Design application user interfaces and rapidly and thoughtfully design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts in an agile environment
- 3 or more years of UX design experience
- Solid visual and aesthetic design skills to create final mock-ups for implementation
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and processes
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of design / production workflows
- Collaborate well, both written and orally, in a multidiscipline team environment
- Very good English skills (conversation as well as written)
- Relocation to Stockholm will not be arranged by SmartBear
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology – InfoWorld.com Technology of the Year for Swagger; DeveloperWeek Top Innovator for Ready!API; SD Times Industry Leader Award
- Modern Office Space - We are in a naturally well-lit modern office with an open, transparent layout and large kitchen for lunch, impromptu team meetings and social after-work gatherings. There is a variety of conference rooms and break out areas for conversation and collaboration. Our building has indoor bicycle storage for those who cycle and the office has a professional ping-pong table for a little fun and competition during the day.
- Ideal Location - We are located in Hornstull, a thriving area of the south-side of Stockholm, right next to Hornstull subway station.
- Benefits– We offer competitive salaries, annual leave and public holidays, health insurance and pension.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
HR Business Partner
Rasika enhances employee engagement at SmartBear through a variety of processes focused on career development, performance management, and retention.
Back to top