User Experience Designer (UX/UI)
Do you have a passion for great product design, usability, and would like work in a dynamic multi-cultural environment of like-minded people?
SmartBear is looking for a UX Designer who has a commitment to the customer as well as to product quality enabled by awesome user experience. You will champion the product and user's needs by being part of a growing UX team striving for continuous improvement in support of SmartBear's expansion. You should have a solid understanding of interactive web technologies and enthusiasm for making complex application easy to use. We build SW tools used by Developers and Testers and we want to make their day to day use of our tools a delight. Experience designing technical applications, as well as experience working with business, functional, and end user requirements is one your biggest assets.
We are looking for a confident individual who possesses a strong work ethic, focused on innovation, and personal growth. You must be capable of juggling multiple tasks and delivering results on-time by working with teams across different locations and time zones.
- Work with cross-functional teams, especially Engineering and Product Management
- Define interaction models, user task flows by working in a rapidly evolving Agile environment
- Communicate conceptual ideas by producing design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, customer personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, customer journey maps, and user stories as part of the software development lifecycle
- Engage in usability testing and incorporate user preferences and usability findings into designs
- Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces and interaction models that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency.
- Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority
- 5+ years of experience in design complex enterprise level SaaS applications and On Prem
- Ability to demonstrate seamless and consistent Product centric user experiences.
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs
- Successful track record of delivering integrated, high-end user interfaces on schedule
- Deep knowledge of user centric design processes and methodologies
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and appropriate technologies
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver shipping products
- Personal Attributes Results-oriented team player who takes ownership and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; able to engender trust and respect of peers and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients. Sense of urgency.
- Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of "problem ownership" to see all issues through to successful resolution.
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There's even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Customer Success Manager
In her role, Greer helps drive prioritization for customers internally, working cross-functionally to ensure customers are happy and successful with the tools they use.
Back to top