Are you passionate about APIs and Software Development? Do you love writing and creating digital content? Are you a natural at teaching others about new technologies? Are you looking to join a high-growth B2B software company that is changing the API and Software Lifecycle? SmartBear is looking for a Technical Writer / Digital Content Specialist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to create digital content for some of the most popular API development and testing tools on the planet (Swagger, SoapUI, and others). The content you create in this role will be viewed/consumed by millions of developers. The role will work closely with engineering, product management, customer support, sales engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
- Create highly technical digital content that is engaging and educational (documentation, white papers, blogs, "how to" videos, demos, etc)
- Foster relationships with technical influencers in the market to co-create content
- Be seen as a thought-leader and subject matter expert in the area of API development and testing
- Insatiable appetite and ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent writing and digital content development skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex topics to technical audiences
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Experience working directly with customers, support teams, sales engineers, and/or marketing teams
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc)
- 3-5+ years of experience in Technical Writing, Documentation, Technical Support, Product Marketing, Technical Content Marketing, or related, in a high-tech B2B environment
- Experience creating digital content for high-traffic websites
- Solid understanding of APIs, what they are, how they work, why they are used, and how they are developed and tested
- Solid understanding of API specification formats (OpenAPI, RAML, etc), API/IoT Protocols (REST, SOAP, MQTT, CoAP, etc), file formats (JSON, YAML, etc), etc
- Familiarity with tools used in the API Lifecycle, such as Design & Documentation (Swagger Editor, Swagger UI, etc), Development (Swagger CodeGen, etc), Source Control (Git, GitHub, etc), Testing (SoapUI, Postman, Swagger Inspector, etc), Deployment/Gateway (Apigee, AWS, etc), CI/CD (Jenkins, etc), etc
- Ability to read and document code
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the " Best Places to Work ", Named to Boston Globe's " Top Places To Work ", and VentureFizz calls us one of " One of The Hottest Companies in Boston ".
• Invest In Our Employees - We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
• Open and Collaborative Environment - We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
• Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including "Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development".
• Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
• Unbelievable Offices - We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the "Bear Cave", for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We've also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
• Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
• Great Perks - We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats - breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
• Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
• Thought Leader and Innovator - SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
Back to top