Strategic Customer Success Manager
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager at SmartBear Software, you will be building and developing enduring relationships with elite customers, acting as their trusted advisor and understanding their unique business challenges. SmartBear is scaling its Customer Success team due to massive market demand and hiring top talent, as we are in the midst of unprecedented growth and global expansion.
The SmartBear Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for driving the ongoing success, adoption and benefit realization of the SmartBear solutions within an assigned grouping of customer accounts. As the expert on each customer's strategic goals and operations, the CSM guides customers and drives adoption of the SmartBear solution, over the life of the SmartBear customer relationship. This individual should be learning to consult and influence stakeholders and have a strong understanding of the customers' strategic business goals in support of expanding the Smartbear footprint. The Strategic Customer Success Manager will be mentored by the Senior Customer Success Manager Team and will align with his/her goals and territory.
- Ensure customers derive maximum value and net benefit from their investment with all SmartBear
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers, to ensure each customer's use of the Smartbear solution closely aligns with its business strategy
- Identify opportunities to expand the relationship and generate leads for the SmartBear Sales Team
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the SmartBear solution in order to serve as a consultant identifying new opportunities to optimize the use of the SmartBear Solutions
- Maintain strong customer retention rates aligned with corporate goals
- Track and measure the net benefits of SmartBear against well-defined customer goals and objectives and provide quantified data to customers and internal SmartBear teams.
- Identify product improvement opportunities and work with the SmartBear Product Management team to develop new features and functionality within the solution to support customer objectives.
- Strong customer-focus and service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to consult with customers' remotely or onsite (if needed) at the business operation and technical levels.
- Ability to accomplish results working through others.
- Hands on, individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, account management or customer success experience, especially in software, a plus
- Proficient in German, French, or Spanish is a plus.
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including "Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development".
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company located in the heart of Galway. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Modern Office Space – we are located in state-of-the-art offices in Mayoralty House in the heart of Galway City. Mayoralty House is a building steeped in history dating back to 1793. SmartBear has an open transparent layout with open areas for impromtu meetings, a large generous kitchen area, the Games Room with table tennis, putting green and games console.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Excellent Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Bike-to-Work Scheme and an attractive Pension Scheme.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We've played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased and more. We have real products, real customers and great compensation. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. We have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Meet Some of SmartBear's Employees
Vice President, Products
John analyzes and understands the markets, then uses that insight to build products that customers love, and to accelerate the growth of the SmartBear API business.
Back to top