Strategic Account Manager - Sales
Are you interested in partnering with world-class technology companies to tactically network and expand business within their account? Does the intersection of new business discovery, full-lifecycle sales, and key account management excite you? As an inside sales Strategic Account Manager, you’ll champion our award-winning API software to a select, strategic portfolio of our most critical existing accounts and earn significant financial rewards in the process. This senior sales role gives you the ability to grow your career as a trusted advisor with the backing and resources of a high growth, firmly established industry leader.
SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets. The API business line is experiencing large year over year growth and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. SoapUI™ and Swagger™ open source tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 25,000 customers in 194 countries.
- Strategically manage and network a select portfolio of Key Accounts to maintain and expand lines of existing revenue
- Consult with clients on institutionalizing SmartBear’s software solutions as part of the customers’ software development processes
- Uncover sales opportunities within Key Accounts’ overall Organization managing the full-lifecycle sale and skilfully leveraging internal resources through the process
- Own and nurture all Key Account relationships with dedicated Customer Success support offering guidance, escalating issues and advocating for the customer
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places, Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, Glassdoor’s “Best Companies To Work For” and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There’s even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
- Experience managing and developing additional business in existing account bases
- 5+ years sales experience
- Authorized to work in the United States (minimum of H1B)
Back to top