Sr. Java Developer
SmartBear is the preeminent API tooling company within the global open source and commercial markets helping companies and consumers define, develop, deploy, and monitor APIs. The API product line is experiencing significant worldwide customer adoption and we continue to invest in and scale our capabilities. Our award-winning SoapUI™ and Ready!API™ tools lead a strong portfolio of API software that companies like Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft use daily. SmartBear is a global company with locations in Sweden, US, Ireland, and Russia with customers in 150+ countries.
As a Sr. Java Developer, you will work on tangible industry leading API development products that hundreds of thousands of software developers worldwide use daily, while gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology leveraging server-side and mircroservices development tools.
- Make development decisions with the backing of an experienced, knowledgeable development team to support your growth as a developer.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology from the desktop to flexible, cloud based solutions
- Work within a collaborative team of developers, testers, UX designers, and more
- Work with every aspect of our products, on the desktop as well as on the server side
- Implementing new functionality in close cooperation with our stakeholders
- Performance work both with regards to GUI and traditional backend code
- Create new functionality based on a good architecture
- Performing code review of your peers’ code
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and writing maintainable code.
- Experience in modern version control systems such as GitHub.
- Experience designing web services with REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Very good English skills (conversation as well as written)
- Relocation to Stockholm will not be arranged by SmartBear
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology – InfoWorld.com Technology of the Year for Swagger; DeveloperWeek Top Innovator for Ready!API; SD Times Industry Leader Award
- Modern Office Space – We are in a naturally well-lit modern office with an open, transparent layout and large kitchen for lunch, impromptu team meetings and social after-work gatherings. There is a variety of conference rooms and break out areas for conversation and collaboration. Our building has indoor bicycle storage for those who cycle and the office has a professional ping-pong table for a little fun and competition during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located in Hornstull, a thriving area of the south-side of Stockholm, right next to Hornstull subway station.
- Benefits– We offer competitive salaries, annual leave and public holidays, health insurance and pension.
SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We work with companies such as Google, Disney, Apple, jetBlue, Johnson & Johnson and leading venture-backed, start-ups (as well as 25,000+ other companies). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Please visit smartbear.com for more information.
Back to top