Sr. Director, Product Marketing - API Software
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a marketing team for a high-growth business in the explosive “API Economy?” Do you enjoy taking powerful, sophisticated, and incredibly useful products to market? Can you translate complex technical concepts to impactful and concise value-based messaging? Love to write, teach others, and engage with customers and end users? Can you inspire others and lead them?
SmartBear is looking for talented and creative Director of Product Marketing, experienced in taking technical products to market with some management experience to lead our API product marketing efforts. SmartBear is home to the leading API Brands such as Swagger and SoapUI used by millions of users worldwide.
- Manage the product marketing team for API products which currently consists of two product marketing managers. Grow the team as needed.
- Develop process and expertise that can be used across the company with the other product marketing teams.
- Establish yourself as the expert in the product marketing across the company even for the teams that don’t work for you. This position will be the most senior dedicated product marketer the company has.
- Effectively message SmartBear Software’s API offering and ensure consistent product communication across all marketing channels
- Create sales tools and materials including sales presentations, collateral, case studies, white papers, and ROI models for our direct and indirect sales channels
- Work cross-functionally to develop marketing plans and launch activities
- Actively drive and participate in internal and external online discussions and blogs
- Participate as an evangelist in industry events and trade shows
- Serve as central point of contact to the sales team and partners for product information.
- Drive cross-functional cooperation with Sales, Marketing Services, Products, and others
- Communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to ensure understanding
- Find ways to innovate in the marketing operation, within the API Team or beyond.
- Technical undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in software product marketing, 2 years in a manager or other senior role
- Strong leader
- Some domain expertise in one of the following areas: APIs, software testing and development tools, enterprise software, or cloud platforms
- Ability to analyze products, competition, pricing, and industry trends combined with development and delivery of competitive messaging and positioning
- Ability to create a range of marketing documentation including white papers, datasheets, website content, presentations, co-marketing promotional literature, sales tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong business judgment, and high level of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced environment, startup culture, balancing both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- MBA preferred
SmartBear Is a Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places, Named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places To Work”, Glassdoor’s “Best Companies To Work For” and VentureFizz calls us one of “One of The Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation. There’s even a community garden where SmartBear grows its own vegetables.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combatting homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation. Our software is downloaded over 15 million times to date. We have a community of over 5.8 million users that leverage our software and solutions. Our customers include 20,000+ companies (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and Salesforce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top