Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing
SmartBear Software has a unique opportunity for an experienced social media expert to take on a broader role as Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing. SmartBear is the leader in software quality tools for teams. We operate two massive open source communities with millions of members and downloads. In addition, our core products are downloaded thousands of times per day with millions of users worldwide. With a product portfolio that spans users from IT Operations to Developers, we have built a demand generation team that is effective at middle of the funnel demand generation for these specific audiences. What is missing is a seasoned marketer to promote all things SmartBear at the top of the customer journey. This is an individual contributor role that leverages a matrix of people to assist you, but this is a hands on role. Typically, we hire an intern to assist this role full time. If you like working at the top of the customer journey, this is a great opportunity for you to drive a corporate brand in the marketplace with lots of exciting levers to pull.
- Distribute engagement level content coming out of our product teams through social media, YouTube, and developer sites.
- Manage our YouTube channel, social media accounts, Facebook page, LinkedIn Account, and run our podcasting program.
- Lead the weekly corporate marketing group that includes all the product marketing managers, social media intern, AR/PR team as you help the company source and drive top level content across all the channels.
- Minimum of two years of experience in social media
- Demonstrated thought leadership as an expert in your marketing trade
- Able to work in a sometimes chaotic, fast moving, loosely matrixed, flat organization
- Leadership skills to teach and empower others to contribute to your efforts – we have too many products and channels for one person to try to control all our top of the funnel efforts
- SEO knowledge a big plus – we measure success with traffic
- Complete self-starter who can take charge and drive results for the company
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the “Best Places to Work”, named to Boston Globe’s “Top Places to Work”, and VentureFizz calls us “One of the Hottest Companies in Boston”.
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Unbelievable Offices – We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with a modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the “Bear Cave”, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry Meetups and events. We’ve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss, and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
- Ideal Location – We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths, and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats – breakfast, Friday lunches, Happy Hour, coffee (gourmet, espresso, lattes), healthy and sweet snacks, and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theatre machine.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
- Thought Leader and Innovator – SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC, and other premier organizations.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth culture and environment, with an established, financially strong, 300 employees across six global locations company. We provide leading companies with the technology to help them build some of the greatest applications, high performing websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased and more. We have real products, real customers and great compensation. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year). We have a community of over 4 million users that leverage our software and solutions. We have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE, and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. Please visit smartbear.com for more information and where you can find out the origin of the SmartBear name.
Back to top